Family Camp Circle
Shehaqua Family Camp Circle Description
While all of our programs have a family focus, the family camp is our summer program.
Make Family Camp the most enriching, fulfilling and deepening experience possible for everyone who attends.
Expectations of Each Circle Member
- Attend a once per month conference call, approx. 1 hour
- Be willing to take on a specified role if needed for one year, and otherwise actively contribute to fulfilling the Family Camp Circle responsibilities
Family Camp Circle Responsibilities
- Find and confirm directors, co-directors, and assistant directors for next year
- Assign a member of the Family Camp Circle as advisor/liaison for each program
- Form pool of volunteers for future years
- Facilitate training/mentoring of new directors
- Clearly communicate to directors what their job is. Offer advice and help, if needed.
- Check in with the directors periodically to make sure the camp preparations are on track (key assignments, etc.).
- Manage feedback to improve future programs (ask program directors for report about their program
- Update survey
- Decide the dates for each program. Make sure that secretary of Pocono Family Ministry sends in form to apply for dates in January
- Develop director focused portions of the Wiki Guidebook
- Check out the monthly to do list for the Family Camp Circle
Family Camp Circle Roles
- Schedule meetings, send out meeting reminders, sends out a mid-meeting reminder about action steps.
- Develops the agenda & asks for input before the meeting, facilitates each meeting, make sure each action step has a clear time goal and person or persons doing it.
- Council Representative
- Participates in bi-monthly Shehaqua Council meetings and reports Family Camp Circle updates to the Council.
- Primary note taker during each meeting.