For all weeks of Camp, if you are traveling a long distance and find it more convenient to arrive the day before the scheduled date, it may be possible to do so. Please contact the director or the registrar for your week of Camp and let him know. We usually charge a small fee for the extra food.
Sessions of Camp
|Arrive at||Leave at||Camp
|12 noon - 2 pm on Monday, July 20||11:00am on Saturday, July 25||Gregg Jones
|12 noon - 2 pm on Sunday, July 26||11:00am on Friday, July 31||Gregg Noll|
||Evening of Friday, July 31 or Morning of Saturday, August 1||Evening of Sunday, August 2 or by 10 am Monday, August 3
|12 noon - 2 pm on Monday, August 3||11:00am on Saturday, August 8||Jeanne Carroll|
To find out who else has registered for each week of camp, log in and check out the List of Families Attending.
A taste of Family Camp - the weekend
This year we will offer an organized weekend for those who want to visit Camp Shehaqua for only a weekend. Attendees will arrive on the evening of Friday, July 31st or the morning of the following Saturday, and will leave on Sunday, August 2nd or on Monday morning. The fees will be half of the regular weekly fee.
Note that if you are attending both the second and third weeks, you do not need to register for the weekend. You do need to pay $10 per person per day, though.
When does camp end?
The regular sessions of Family Camp officially ends after breakfast on the last listed day indicated above. However, we do ask your help in cleaning up the campground before departing. If everyone pitches in, we can have the majority of the work done by 11am. We will be assigning Camp cleanup projects the evening before or at breakfast.
Schedule of deadlines
The two registration related deadlines are here for your reference. These deadlines are independent of which session of Camp you are going to.
- May 31: Pay by this deadline because the fees rise the following day.
- June 30:
- Pay by this day if you missed the last one, because the fees rise again the next day.
- We spend money or make commitments we cannot change by this date. Up to June 30, we will issue a full refund. Any cancellations after this date will receive no refund. This policy is the same for all three sessions of Camp.
- We must receive the medical and "Commitment to Others" forms with ink signatures by this day.
- Let us know if you are transferring out of a waiting list.